Teachers who shaped my life



Teachers day, a noble gesture to thank and celebrate the contributions of teachers in India, it's the birthday of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishna the first vice president of independent India, he was a teacher and he believed that teachers are nation builders and his birthday is celebrated as teachers day (since when I'm unsure of it). I like this day, where we greet teachers who transformed, and educated us.

Today, I would like to greet the teachers who directly impacted my life, here I would like to list the teachers who taught me;
Firstly my mother, with her limited education she taught me a lot from numbers to philosophy, thank you, Mom! Still when utter English numbers I remember you, with limited resources then you gave me a notebook and pen (100-page notebook of light green color pages) while you were cooking, during summer vacation after fourth grade you made me write numbers in words in English, with so much difficulty and hardship you taught me those numbers, alphabets. Avva, thank you! You know what English letters and words you taught then today I use them to write on my mobile phone, and day to day life. Especially your teaching helpful to me till today, most of the keyboards are designed in the principles you taught. You are undoubtedly my first teacher! Thank you and still, you are!

Secondly, Shri Ashok Sharanappa Bhimanagar, sir you have been the fantastic teacher in my life, you are the first teacher who recognized me who I'm and you have groomed me and classmates for 21st-century life. You taught us many things in our life from cooking to how to polish the shoes, while cognitively enriching us, whatever English I know today it's your gift to me, I still remember you bought three dictionaries in your first salary for us, I still remember you woke up at 4:00 am to make us study, I remember you cooked for us on kerosene stove to make us realize the values of being independent, I still remember how you prepared us for national festivals to make a speech in different languages, I still remember you enabling us to create a cooperative society to learn the business skills, I still remember how you created a band who learned to use a table as a tabla, you have been a phenomenal teacher to me and my classmates. I still remember the word "Kill" which taught me. Thank you, sir! 

The next teacher I remember is Mr. S N Basavaraddi who taught me the meaning of "Cane".

Next teacher, Mr. A M  B Herkal who taught me to be rational.

Next teacher, Mr. Gunupal Kadamb who taught me about the Kannada literature, I remember his first lesson "ಅಭ್ಧಿಯೊರ್ಮೆ ಕಾಲವಶದಿಂ ಮರ್ಯಾದಿಂ ದಾಂಟದೆ”. But, his classes were always full of anecdotes of social welfare, he also taught me about Karnataka politics, he then told me the Karnataka will be ruled by either Vokkaligas or Lingayats which is true till today. He told me he was a student of #KuVemPu and Ha Ma Nayak. 

My love, inspirational ever, and teacher of life, Manjula Shetty, who taught me the value of smile and pain.

Next teachers Mrs. Suchitra Rathi who believed and nurtured my leadership qualities, Mr. Shalmon Chopade who taught me Renin -Angiotension mechanism, Kavitha who taught me growth and development, Mr. Shakeelahmed Mujawar intestinal obstruction, Mr. Ninganagouda Patil about carbuncle and furuncle. These teachers made me a theoretical Nurse! 

Next teacher, Krishnaveni my in-charge nurse who supported me and guided me to be a good critical care nurse, Sukeerthy nursing superintendent of Yashoda hospitals who made me emotionally strong to overcome the emotional challenges, then Jyotsna Pandit principal of SNDT ANM school, who taught professional values and the first one to introduce me to Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Azad as her colleague.

Then, Dr. Veerendra Hiremath and Dr. Ashwin Naik, they are not just teachers, guide but more than that they found me! They nurtured my leadership ability, trusts me till today. 

Then Mrs. Carmen Dimaapi founder of Nurses Education Inc. Toronto who trusted my abilities in teaching and made me the best teacher.

The above listed all teachers have directly influenced my life but there are a lot of people who indirectly helped me to become a good person, they are my classmates, and my brothers especially my elder brother, my wife and my uncle Bheemanagouda Patil.


Wow! To just become Mr. B J Patil a common man so many have sweat and put a lot of effort, so on account of teachers' day, I submit my heartfelt thanks!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts